12.05.2007

What's that song that goes like...?

This is AMAZING...except that my microphone is too complicated to set up at the moment and I haven't actually tried it. Maybe you should.
Go to Midomi.com, hum a tune, and it will tell you what you are humming.

This is more than a fun gimmick. For example, one time a couple of years ago, I woke up abruptly from a dream with an incredible melody in my head. I hummed it all day so as not to forget it, concluding that in my sleep I had composed a beautiful song that needed to be remembered and eventually recorded, as an artifact of my genius. Well, I kept humming it until later in the day when I realized it was the melody to "Morning has broken" by Cat Stevens (a song that doesn't even rank among my favorite Cat Stevens songs, incidentally). I was totally bummed.
And, to be honest, this sort of thing happens to me often. So I'm psyched to have a way to check.

No comments: