1.16.2008

good live music


So first, I think we can all agree that nothing beats great live music. Based on that, I highly recommend seeing Mirah. (sample) P & I went to see her last night, and it was the best show I've been to since Simon & Garfunkel reunited (Major Life Milestone, that concert was).

I guess I don't mean to build her up too much because unmet expectations can ruin an otherwise enjoyable time (Clinic!), but even P was a fanatic by the end.


I'll come right out and say: She was playing with a band that consisted of a mandolin, accordion, and cello, and her songs were some sort of concept piece on different insects. Oh, and she's an indie lesbian folk singer. And she has almost no charisma on stage. And despite all of this, she is still somehow not to be missed.

No comments: